Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 4. Today was the kind of day when you really just want to do your "art stuff", but you still need to get to the grocery store, load the dishwasher, get some laundry done, and feed the baby a few times.

Somehow there were some little windows of opportunity. During those fleeting moments I could be found frantically cutting, arranging and pasting.

And voila - the Dream Journal began to take shape. I couldn't help but think about the sketchbook journals I loved making in collage. One of those "assignments" that took over. (thanks Dave Bowman) I have to make a point this week to get some of them out (after all these years) and look them over.

What fun! I have to admit, I feel really charged with excitement. I guess this may be just what I need.

















Most of the "inside" of the journal today was what I would call "house keeping". I wanted to be sure to put in elements from Creative Awakenings and from Kitty's blog. I'll also be printing out the entries I make for this blog. I want the journal to be a comprehensive "hard copy" of this whole experience.

I keep thinking of Kitty's piece about Everyday Bliss - 30 days to make a habithttp://papercatdesigns.ning.com/group/creativeawakenings . I need to "schedule" devoted time - a minimum of 20 minutes. I need to form the habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment